Paul Pryzant's practice focuses on corporate and securities law. For over thirty years, he has represented clients in a variety of mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and other corporate transactions. Paul brings a unique blend of legal and business experience to each transaction; over the course of his career, he has served as General Counsel for three companies and as a partner at three law firms. Paul is a trusted advisor to his clients and prides himself on helping clients achieve their business goals efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Paul has an active mergers and acquisition practice, representing both buyers and sellers of businesses. His transactions have involved both private and publicly-held companies in a range of industries, including the oilfield services, drilling, industrial distribution, steel distribution, and software and technology industries.
- Private Equity: Paul regularly works with private equity funds and their portfolio companies, including:
- Representing private equity funds in platform acquisitions and investments
- Assisting portfolio companies as they make tuck-in acquisitions to increase their geographic footprint and range of services and products
- Advising management teams seeking capital from energy private equity funds to finance exploration and production programs in shale plays throughout the US
Paul works effectively with private equity investors and management teams to resolve daily operating problems and navigate conflicts when they arise between these parties.
- Financings: Paul has worked on numerous private and public offerings of equity and debt securities, representing companies and other institutional and individual investors.
- Emerging Growth Companies/Angel Investors: Paul has distinguished himself as an advisor to emerging growth companies and their angel investors, from the start-up phase, through the financing and growth process, to final exit. He serves as General Counsel to the Houston Angel Network (HAN), which includes over 80 angel investors, and was heavily involved with the establishment of HAN's first investment fund. Paul has advised angel investors with numerous start-up company financings.
- Paul's practice also includes:
Technology Agreements - Licensing, eCommerce, online and other technology-related agreements
Executive Compensation - Negotiating employment agreements for high level executives, together with related executive compensation plans
Commercial Operating Contracts - Negotiating key operating contracts with suppliers and customers including sales, purchasing and master services agreements